Monday, August 3, 2009
It's about time...
So I've waited until August for this...but here you go anyway! I need order and I need ten. So here are Zak's top ten (in order) from the fine year of 2009 (so far)...
1. Harlem shakes--Technicolor Health
2. Phoenix--Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
3. Cymbals Eat Guitars--Why There Are Mountains
4. Bon Iver--Blood Bank EP
5. Various Artists--Dark Was the Night
6. Conor Oberst and the Mystic Vally Band--Outer South
7. Maria Taylor--Ladyluck
9. The Dodos--Time to Die
10. Yim Yames--Tribute to George Harrison
You can expect this to change (perhaps quite drastically) in the next few months. We shall all behold the amazingness of the new Avett Brothers and the Monsters of Folk (Oberst, Ward, James, Mogis) records. And if that Yo La Tengo lives up to it's hype (Boston bars anyone?) then we are all in for a good second half (or in my case last third) of 2009!
Peace Out Girl Scouts!
Posted by Zak Champagne at 11:07 PM