Thursday, October 22, 2009

What We're Listening To - Thao's Know Better Learn faster

I don't know why I never got Thao's 2008 album We Brave Bee Stings and All. It's really good, and everyone seemed to put it on their EoY lists.

And I'm not even sure what made me pick up this DC-area native's next album Know Better Learn faster.

I think a lot had to do with the album art. On Bee Stings, there's a picture of a woman's throat, gray and white and black. Eh.

But on Know Better, there's Thao, peeking from blindfold, waiting to hit a pinata heart, a massive drunken party cheering behind her, silver confetti floating around.

This album is going to be fun.

And it is fun. Fun folk dance rock. When We Swam is this sexy romp, with Thao playfully crooning "Bring your hips to me." There's a party going on in a very personal moment on the song Body... you're invited. Even the closing track, Easy, admonsihes those pouty faced muthafuckas along the wall to burn it up before turning off the lights. Thao: "Even sad people dance too... I make it easy easy."

Yes she does.


Get Thao's Know Better Learn Faster

Buy from Kill Rockstars

Buy from Amazon

Buy from Amie Street


Download from eMusic

No comments: