Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Remainders

So here we start another new feature, called Remainders, where I will attempt to place stuff that doesn't quite generate enough copy for a full post, but still needs to be written about.

Think of Remainders as a collection of Tweets, streamed all at once.

So. let's get our Remainding on!
  • I'm very sad I didn't give Hold Steady a fair try in 2008. Stay Positive is a great album. Jeff M, the Human 808, isn't a fan though. He writes that they sound like their previous incarnation, Lifter Puller, but "with more Budweiser."

  • Shifted Sound, the best damn indie rock podcast on the planet, has Griffin House live in studio this week (Episode 142). Check it out

  • NYC band The Dig has released a three-song demo at their website. A little more hard-rocking than what we normally listen to, it's good stuff. And it's free. And they will also be bringing their psychadelic rock to The Black Cat on Monday Feb 16.

  • Amazing Baby's new single Bayonets is alright too. Again, free at various sites around. I wonder how the rest of this album will sound when it comes out this summer. If they take it down on the earnestness level a few notches, it could be really good.

  • I am fascinated with this Chris Brown domestic abuse thing. I shouldn't be, but I really can't imagine Chris Brown hitting anyone. I also can't imagine anyone hitting Rhianna (that girl is fwine).
Please feel free to tell me you don't like this feature. We'll try and make it better in the future.

No comments: