Wednesday, October 1, 2008

First one out the gate

I'm going to be upfront.

I'm starting this blog in order to meet and interview bands.

Not to get free merch, or tickets to shows, or hangout backstage (though that would be very awesome).

I listen to a lot of good music, and I live in an area where a lot of bands come through. And I'm sure bands are always looking for more exposure.

So what do I hope to do with this little site?

I want to share with whomever reads this blog what I think are good trends in music (it'll probably lean heavily to the indie rock/pop side, but my tastes run the map. But mostly independent artists).And I hope to set up a little rapport with some bands so that I can find out little bit more about their music and process, and in turn maybe open them up to a few more listeners.

We'll see how it goes. I've got another blog to run.

No comments: