Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Upcoming Next Week


The Shimmy Shake will be doing a new band next week, one that I think (and hope) you'll really like.

I've already done the interview witht he lead singer, and it was really amazing. They've put out what is easily my favorite album this year. So hopefully I'll be able to put up a few clips and share the love.

But we're still on Ra Ra Riot for this week. If you haven't checked out the YouTube clip I posted yesterday, please take a look. I put it up at just after 5 am on Tuesday morning, and this morning when I left for work it had over 1,300 views!

Just to compare, the video of my son punching another kid at his preschool's holiday program hasn't garnered anywhere near that much. And it's been up over a year. And my kid is fucking adorable.

So check it out, and while you're at it, check out the DCist review of the Ra Ra Riot show at The Black Cat. They did a pretty good job of summing up my feelings about the show.
ps - if you have a suggestion for a band I should feature, or your with a band and would like to be featured, leave a comment or drop me an email [shimmyshakeblog AT the mail company run by Google]

1 comment:

Shelby - Shifted Sound Host said...

But where's the link of your kid punching another kid?